- This proves that first impressions count, but they’re not always final. Tristen Gibson and Blake Walker are best friends today, but they weren’t 3 years ago when he robbed her at a gas station!
- In 2013, Blake walked into a Port St John, Florida gas station and used a broken toy gun to rob Tristen, the attendant, of $198.
- Blake was later caught and served 3 years in prison. Suffering from anxiety, Tristen turned to alcohol.
- Upon Blake’s release, Tristen contacted him on Facebook to tell him how the incident affected her.
- Blake apologised and said he was a changed man. They now communicate daily, helping to support each other’s sobriety.
- Gibson said “I think we were meant to cross paths”, and that the robbery wasn’t funny at the time, but they now laugh about it.