- There goes my hero!
- For 13 years, a self-styled ‘Grammar Vigilante’ from Bristol, UK has been ridding the streets of bad grammar using a modified broom called an ‘Apostrophiser’!
- Althoughthe vigilante’s identity is not known, he told BBC that he is an engineer by day, and that this all started in 2003 when he decided to remove ‘ridiculous apostrophes’ from a sign that read ‘Open Monday’s to Friday’s’.
- Rather than use paint to make corrections, the man uses his Apostrophiser, which is equipped with sponges and stickers.
- Asto whether his actions are legal, the man said that “it’s more of a crime to have apostrophes wrong in the first place”.
- One such target of his actions, the owner of ‘Cambridge Motors’ (formerly called Cambridge Motor’s) thanked him for his work.
Leave a Reply