- A 75-year-old widower who posted an ad looking for a new fishing mate after his friend died has received offers of help from around Australia.
- South Australian man Ray Johnstone posted the sad ad on Gumtree, saying that his ‘previous mate is now deceased’ and that it gets ‘a bit lonely just sitting around watching the TV a lot of the time’.
- Ray listed his condition as ‘used’ (!!!) and said he was willing to share all costs with his new fishing mate.
- After 11 days, the ad was viewed more than 46,000 times with many people around the country sharing the pensioner’s story.
- It’s reported that Ray now has a new fishing mate close to his home in Lewiston South.
- A sad, but ultimately uplifting story!
Leave a Reply