- A man who was arrested in Portland, Maine for obstructing traffic, while dressed as a tree, said his stunt was motivated by a desire to slow down the world.
- Asher Woodworth reportedly covered himself in branches and stood in the middle of a busy intersection.
- Footage shows Asher moving at a glacial pace when police arrived to remove him, and place him in handcuffs.
- Being a “tireless advocate for slowness and quietness and stillness”, Asher says the speed of his movement was a key to his thought provoking ‘performance’.
- Police deconstructed the tree suit on the sidewalk (footpath), which Asher says took him and a friend 2 hours to make.
- Asher was charged with obstructing a public way and is due back in court on 1 December.