- A teenage student in Georgia (USA) reportedly broke into a school and lit a fire after he was unable to hack into the computer system to change his grades.
- It’s reported that the 15-year old student broke windows to gain access to the Douglas County School’s media center, then set about trying to hack into its computer system.
- After this was unsuccessful, the teen tore up books, placed them on a computer and lit the surrounding carpet on fire using gas contained in a water bottle.
- Police state that they found the teen running away from the school when they responded to the school’s alarm.
- Firefighters were called upon to extinguish the flames, with significant damage said to have been caused to the media center.
- The teen faces 5 felony charges including arson, burglary and possession of tools during a crime.