- A British taxi driver was tricked out of a fare after 2 passengers promised their sleeping ‘friend’, who was actually a fully-dressed mannequin, would pay the fare.
- It’s reported that the driver known as ‘Stutter’ picked up ‘three men’ who agreed on the fare from Brighton train station to London.
- After dropping off the first 2 men, the taxi driver was given an address and instructions to wake the third man upon arrival and collect payment for the total fare.
- Unfortunately, when the driver reached the final destination, he tried to wake the third man, only to realise it was a fully dressed mannequin in a hat! Naturally, the mannequin had no money.
- Stutter estimates that the lost fare was around £140.