- A Finnish millionaire is threatening to leave the country after he was ordered to pay a 54,000 euro (AUD$77,000) fine for speeding.
- In Finland, fines are based on how much a person earns, to ensure that punishments are equally felt by people of all classes.
- In this case, authorities looked to Reima Kuisla’s 2013 tax return for his earnings, which the BBC disclosed as 6.5m euros (AUD$9.28m).
- Although the millionaire businessman took to Facebook to complain, he has received little sympathy from his fellow Finns.
- Back in 2002, a Nokia executive was fined 116,000 euros for speeding, as his earnings were reportedly 14m euros!