- Momentum is gaining for the social media campaign to get Taylor Swift’s ‘Shake it Off’ into Triple J’s annual ‘Hottest 100′ (song of the year) countdown, despite it not having been played by Triple J in 2014!
- The campaign was launched 2 days ago by Buzzfeed Australia, with votes currently being cast through the hashtag #Tay4Hottest100.
- According to Sportsbet, Shake it Off is now second favourite to top the poll, paying $5 to come in at #1 on the list.
- Although Triple J bills the Hottest 100 as the ‘world’s biggest music democracy’, it reserves the right to remove songs which have benefited from commercial campaigns that incentivise fans to vote for them.
- As at this moment, there is no report that Triple J has exercised such a right in respect of Shake it Off.
Pingback: Australia’s Triple J counts down hottest 100 tracks of 2014!! | The Short News