- Pineapple on pizza is a crime and the President of Iceland knows it!
- While visiting a high school last week, Guðni Th. Jóhannesson said he’d ban pineapple on pizza, if he had such powers.
- Students at the high school had asked for the President’s stance on this much debated issue, and he didn’t mince his words – saying he was ‘fundamentally opposed’ to the tropical fruit being on pizza.
- It’s since been called a ‘political bombshell’ by Iceland Magazine.
- The President has seen his approval rating reach 97%, and recently refused a 20% payrise, as well as donating 10% of his pre-tax salary.
- Where do you stand? Yes or no to pineapple on pizza?