- The Woolwich Township Police Department challenged people to submit their best pig/bacon/cop jokes after news spread that it took 3 officers to catch a loose pig.
- The officers were called into action following reports that a cheeky pig was roaming the streets of Woolwich Township, New Jersey.
- According to Detective Chris Beckett, the “brave officers” used a makeshift lasso and dog treats to corral the pig into its owner’s yard.
- Detective Beckett said the department is occasionally called upon to catch animals, but that this pig was a first.
- In a Facebook post, the department was quick to point out that no pig(s) were harmed during the rescue, and invited people to make the jokes, as the officers have a thick skin.