- A plane had to be evacuated for several hours after an elderly passenger threw coins into the engine for good luck!
- It’s reported that the 80-year-old woman ‘prayed for safety’, then threw 9 coins at the engine as she crossed the tarmac to enter the plane.
- Although only 1 coin reached the engine, it was enough to cause an evacuation of the China Southern Airlines plane at the Shanghai Sudong International Airport.
- It’s believed that authorities were alerted to the ‘strange behaviour’ by another passenger.
- The woman and her family were taken into custody for questioning, but later released without charge. Police say they recovered coins to the value of approx 1.7 yuan (£0.20 / $0.25).
Leave a Reply