- ABC News 24 presenter Natasha Exelby jumped out of her chair when she was caught out daydreaming live on air.
- In the footage (linked below), Natasha can be seen fiddling with a pen before realising she was live. Being the professional that she is, Natasha quickly recovered and crossed to the sports report.
- The 12-second incident was shared by ABC’s Media Watch, which then went viral.
- Natasha subsequently apologised for her error, tweeting that it was not her finest hour. It appears that her bosses did not see the humour, as it’s reported that Natasha has now been banned from future on-air roles.
- A petition has been launched on change.org to get Natasha reinstated for future on-air roles.
- Even Labor leader Bill Shorten has lent his support for Natasha, tweeting “It’s live TV. This is just ridiculous”.