- New Zealanders have expressed their distaste on social media after Milo changed its flavour, with some even selling the ‘old’ Milo recipe online at inflated prices.
- It’s reported that Milo removed the vanilla flavour from its product in New Zealand in a bid to make it healthier.
- A ‘Change Milo back to the old recipe’ Facebook page was started, where many have vented their frustration at the change, pleading with Nestle to change back to the old formula.
- Others have started selling the ‘old recipe’ online. with a listing on TradeMe selling a $9 bag of Milo for $20.
- According to Nestle spokesperson Margaret Stuart, although there has been a change to the recipe sold in Australia, it is likely to go unnoticed since it did not originally contain vanilla.
- It’s reported that New Zealand’s recipe had a few more changes as they tend to drink it hot, whereas Australians tend to drink it cold.
- Milo is sold in 40 countries worldwide!