- FORGET looking for Pokemon, a 9-year-old Missouri girl found a 1.53-carat white diamond while holidaying with her family in Arkansas!
- It’s reported that Grace Houston’s love of geology inspired her to persevere in sweltering heat at the Crater of Diamonds State Park in Murfreesboro, eventually finding the diamond while wet-sifting alongside her grandmother.
- While the diamond’s value will be determined by its quality (the 4 Cs – carat, colour, clarity and cut), this may not matter as Grace (who wants to be a Geologist) has indicated that she may hold onto this “special and precious” thing.
- Large diamonds have been found at this park before, such as the 40.23-carat ‘Uncle Sam’ diamond discovered in 1924!
- Now, I’m off to buy my plane ticket to visit this park!