- Remember the #icebucketchallenge?
- In 2014, we tipped buckets of ice-water on ourselves in the name of #science. Now scientists say they’ve made a discovery!
- After 2 years of research carried out by 80 scientists in 11 countries, the ALS Association says they’ve discovery NEK1, a gene linked to ALS – which will now guide future research.
- The discovery was made possible by the $115 million raised during the 8-week campaign! So, you froze under those ice buckets for a great cause!
- ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease, is a fatal neurodegenerative disease that causes muscles to degrade over time.