- Extreme marathon runner Dion Leonard was competing in a 155-mile marathon across the Gobi desert in China when he was joined by a stray dog, who ran beside him for 77 miles (123km)!
- Dion says he and the plucky pooch (who he aptly named Gobi) have been inseparable since meeting on day 2 of the race, and even crossed the finish together!
- Dion launched the ‘Bring Gobi Home’ crowdfunding campaign to bring Gobi to live with him in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- The campaign more than doubled the £5,000 target, with the surplus being donated to animal welfare charities.
- Dion hopes that Gobi will join him before Christmas as she’s currently in a 4-month quarantine program.