- A British man bought an Apple MacBook on eBay for £300 ($500) (retail approx £1,500) only to find out he’d been scammed when he received a PHOTOCOPIED picture of the laptop!
- Paul Barrington says he wants to start a wedding DJ business and was forced to sell his surfboard to get the laptop, noting that the seller had been active for a couple of years.
- He noted that it baffled him that the seller sent him anything at all, realising something was wrong when he received a small and very light box.
- eBay is carrying out investigations, and says it aims to provide Paul with a refund as soon as possible.
- At any given moment there are 800 million listings for sale on eBay!
- I’m sure it’s happened before & it will happen again – but this should be a reminder that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!