- A British man has emerged from the woods near Kingston, south west London, after 10 years of hiding from his nagging wife.
- It’s reported that 62-year-old Malcolm Applegate married his wife in Birmingham 13 years ago, but that she grew tired of his gardening after 3 years and asked for them to spend more time together.
- Malcolm said “how can I?”, then took off to London to escape his wife’s controlling behaviour.
- Malcolm says he lived at a makeshift camp, with several men, but that he showered and worked at a nearby elderly center.
- According to Malcolm, the area was not well known, and nobody knew they were there.
- Malcolm left when he heard about a job at Emmaus Greenwich, a homeless shelter that helps people ‘rebuild their lives’.
- After settling in Greenwich, Malcolm reached out to his wife, who assumed he was dead, but was in ‘floods of tears’ when she called him to confirm the news.
- Malcolm says they now have a great relationship again, and that he works odd jobs and raises money for homeless charities.
Leave a Reply