- This is heart-warming.
- A barber in Dubuque Iowa (USA) offered free haircuts to children who read a book aloud in his chair.
- Courtney Holmes told kids to choose a book from his table and offered to help those who couldn’t read the book.
- Although the project started as a ‘Back to School Bash’, Holmes says he will make it a monthly event to promote early literacy and continue improving children’s reading skills.
- Many people have already started donating books to the cause!
- Holme’s project took place at Spark Family Hair Salon, which led to a partnership with the My Brother’s Keeper program and the Foundation of Greater Dubuque to further promote early literacy.
Leave a Reply