- A rug lay in a Florida Sheriff’s office for 2 months before someone noticed it read “In Dog we trust” instead of “In God we trust”.
- The error is being blamed on the manufacturer of the rug, who sold it to the Sheriff’s office for $500.
- The rug has been removed, but is currently being auctioned with full proceeds going to a local animal rescue shelter.
- Bidding will close on 21 January 2015, with the current highest bid being US $2,550!!
- The US adopted “in God we trust” as its national motto in 1956. It is also Florida’s motto.