- IKEA has reportedly banned hide-and-seek from being played in upcoming events at several stores in the Netherlands.
- The event was planned after IKEA gave permission for the game to be played in Wilrijk, Belgium last July.
- A spokesperson for IKEA said it’s their responsibility to make sure people are safe in stores, and it’s hard to do that if they don’t know where they are!
- In the Belgium event, people hid in things such as fridges and the storage space beneath beds.
- Tens of thousands of people signed up to participate in the games at stores in Eindhoven, Amsterdam and Utrecht. Organisers are now looking for replacement locations for the games.