- A 9-year-old girl unwittingly booked a £1,000 one-way trip to Disneyland Paris after she guessed her dad’s PayPal password.
- Ian Wilson was sleeping when his daughter Susan grabbed his phone and stumbled across German site Getyourguide.
- After a few days, Ian realised his PayPal account had been charged for flights, a hotel gift card, VIP Eiffel Tower trip worth and theme park tickets, with a train due to depart the next day!
- Ian says he initially thought it was fraud, but eventually got to Susan, who was heartbroken.
- According to Susan, she just likes playing on her dad’s phone and doesn’t even know what the Eiffel Tower is…
- PayPalhas refunded the money on the basis that this was a ‘friendly fraud’. Naturally, Ian now has a password on his phone.
Leave a Reply