- It is so cold in some parts of the US east coast that people have been filmed walking and skating on frozen water at the beach!
- The first snowstorm of 2018 was caused by a ‘bomb cyclone’, following a rapid drop in barometric pressure.
- More than 56cm of snow has dropped in Maine, with New Hampshire’s Mount Washington reaching 38 degrees Celsius (wind chill of -69 degrees Celsius), and wind gusts of more than 144 km per hour!
- Maine man Peter Lekousi filmed a man ice skating at the beach, uploading the footage to Facebook with the caption ‘I keep trying to tell you all, every day is beach day in Maine’.
- Friends, please stay safe and as warm as possible, and look after each other!