- The Los Angeles Police Department was forced to chase its own patrol cars, which were stolen by 3 teenagers on a cadet program!
- It’s reported that the teens, aged 15, 16 and 17 “gamed the system”, then used a the name of a sergeant who was on vacation to sign out Tasers and Radios before taking the cars.
- Two of the pursuits ended in crashes, with a third car recovered near the police station.
- The 2 boys and a girl (one of which was wearing a bulletproof vest!) were arrested, with police now investigating how long the cars were with the teens, and whether they impersonated officers during this time.
- The LAPD Cadet Program gives volunteers experience in a police station so that they can get an insight into the criminal justice system.
- Umm, mission accomplished…