- The story of a Detroit man who walks 21 miles (33km) every day for work inspired a crowd-funding effort to get him a car, and even a donation from a car dealer!
- James Robertson was forced to start walking to and from work after his car broke down in 2005 and says he keeps awake by drinking large amounts of Coke and Mountain Dew, and sleeps a lot on the weekend.
- His shift finishes at 10pm, so the has to walk home in the dark!
- James’ boss says he uses James as the standard for attendance – in that if he can get to work walking through the snow and rain, anyone can!
- It’s also reported that James’ boss helps out by providing James with a ride where he can and offering him his wife’s cooking for dinner.
- What a story!