- A wealthy Indian couple claim their lives became more prosperous since adopting their pet monkey Chunmun and have made him their sole heir.
- Brajesh Srivastava and wife Shabista say they are childless and consider Chunmun to be their son and wish to ensure he continues to live the way he does when they are no longer alive. It’s reported that Chunmun lives in an air-conditioned room in the couple’s house with his ‘wife’ (another monkey adopted by the couple) and that he likes to eat Chinese food and drink mango juice.
- Shabista is a lawyer and Brajesh owns several businesses, including a flour mill and cable TV network, all named after Chunmun.
- In addition to owning their house in Northern India, the couple own other land and have savings – all of which will go to Chunmun.
- After Chunmun’s death, the couple’s estate will go to the welfare of monkeys in India.