- Life goals right here!
- 102-year-old Julia ‘Hurricane’ Hawkins and 100-year-old Orville Rogers set new world records in their respective 60-metre races in the 100-plus age range!
- Hurricane and Orville recorded times of 24.79 and 19.13 seconds respectively while competing at the USA Track and Field Masters Indoor Championships in Landover, Maryland.
- Hurricane, a cycling enthusiast, took up competitive running when she was 100 (!!!) and is the oldest woman in the history of the competition.
- Hurricane says she likes the feeling of testing herself and trying to get better.
- Orville was a WWII pilot who took up running at the age of 50 when he became inspired by an aerobics book.
- In 2011, Orville suffered a stroke, which temporarily paralysed his left hand, foot and hip. Last December he told Dallas’ WFAA “How wonderful it is, how great it is, to be alive,”