- Bill Murray has reportedly signed on to play a role in Paul Feig’s reboot of Ghostbusters, set to be released on 22 July 2016.
- Although Murray played the role of Dr Peter Venkman in the original Ghostbusters movies, his role in the reboot is still unknown.
- Murray joins fellow original Ghostbuster Dan Akroyd (Dr Raymond Stantz), who confirmed last month that he has shot a scene for the upcoming film.
- Although Murray has previously expressed no interest in a third Ghostbusters movie (having told David Letterman his return to the franchise was “crazy talk”), he has been supportive of the reboot and even included some of the cast members in his ‘dream cast’.
- The Ghostbusters reboot stars Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones.