- Following her Gold Logie win last night, TV host Carrie Bickmore has urged Australians to wear a beanie today for #beaniesforbraincancer to get the nation talking about brain cancer.
- Carrie used her acceptance speech to talk about brain cancer, which is diagnosed in Australia once every 5 hours. Sadly, 4 out of 5 of those diagnosed will die. Carrie was personally affected by brain cancer after her husband died following a battle with the cancer in 2010.
- In addition to winning the Gold Logie for her work on The Project, Carrie was also named more popular presenter on TV.
- As a result of Carrie’s emotional speech,#beaniesforbraincancer was the top Twitter hashtag in Australia this morning, with people uploading their beanie pics using the hashtag. TV personalities around the country have shown their support by wearing a beanie on air. Karl Stefanovic from the Today Show said he looked like a ‘conehead’ (fairly accurate!).
- If you can today, wear a beanie and let’s support this important Beanies for Brain Cancer campaign!