- Two men who have been best friends for 60 years realised they are actually brothers after setting off to discover their ancestry!
- It’s reported that Alan Robinson and Walter Macfarlane met in 6th grade at a Honolulu prep school, and have been best friends ever since.
- Alan was adopted, and Walter never knew his father, so they made separate attempts on DNA matching websites to find out more.
- Walter matched with ‘Robi737′, being Alan (whose nickname was Robi, and flew 737s in his days as a pilot). The pair were born to the same mother 15 months apart.
- The pair say the idea of being related never really crossed their minds, although their similar interests, appearance, and ability to finish each other’s sentences was interesting.
- The brothers shared the news with friends and family at a party over the weekend, and say they plan to travel together and enjoy retirement.