- 102-year-old woman Edie Sims crossed off a bucket list item by getting herself arrested, then delivered homemade gifts to residents at a senior’s center from the back of a police cruiser.
- Edie had never worn handcuffs or ridden in a police cruiser, so St Loius, Missouri police obliged.
- When Edie was met by the SLPD, she asked for the handcuff, then proudly showed them off at the station.
- Edie was then driven to Five Star Senior Center to hand out gifts she kitted for its residents.
- The center’s executive director Michael Howard says it doesn’t get any better than a senior helping other seniors out.
- As for Edie, she told News 10: “spend some time doing community service because sometimes the person you reach out and touch, is the only person that they will talk to in a day” and “It’s a great world if you just open your eyes and look at it”.
- I like Edie.