- Hours after her bicycle was stolen in Bristol, a woman managed to steal it back from the thief, who was trying to sell it on Facebook!
- Bear with me, this is a great story…
- Jenni Morton-Humphreys says her Cube brand bicycle was stolen while she brunched in the city centre. After posting a pic of the bicycle on a local cycling Facebook page, ‘Chris’ told Jenni he’d seen it advertised for sale on Facebook.
- Despite being strangers, and the police advising against it, the pair set up a sting to retrieve the bicycle.
- Next? ‘Chris’ contacted the seller ‘Bebop’, saying his sister (ie Jenni) wanted a bicycle, so ‘Bebop’ organised for his ‘friend’ ‘Rocksteady’ to meet them on a street corner.
- Jenni turned up with (real friend) Matt to keep watch from a distance, and approached ‘Rocksteady’ to play dumb and inspect the bike before handing him her cigarettes and keys so she could try the seat.
- Then she rode away!
- Frustrated, ‘Rocksteady’ messaged ‘Chris’ to complain, but was told the bike had been stolen and this was a “Lesson to be learned son. Don’t steal from the cycling community for a quick fix. You played yourself”.
- The best parts? The cigarette pack was empty, the keys were to the chain cut from bicycle when it was stolen, and the thief even fixed the front light!
- Jenni, ‘Chris’ and Matt – bravo!
Leave a Reply