- A photo posted on the Lewiston Morning Tribune has helped identify a mystery man who vanished after he rescued a driver whose car hung off a cliff’s edge!
- Police officer Eric Olson told the Tribune that the man simply left after he rescued Matthew Sitko, saying he “had to go”.
- Thankfully, the mystery man was later identified as Jason Warnock, from Lewiston.
- According to investigators, Jason said he noticed debris while travelling on the Bryden Canyon Road, climbed up above the cliff face and traversed an embankment to access the vehicle and pull Sitko out through the window. Jason reportedly talked Sitko into rolling down the window after he was unable to break it with his Leatherman,
- Warnock reportedly told police that left because he was working at the time and could not stay, and that he was trying to avoid attention.
- Sitko was reportedly taken to hospital with minor injuries.
- However, following the rescue story – some have questioned the authenticity of the rescue, with reference made to the unrealistic positioning of Jason’s body at the moment he pulled Sitko out of the car, Sitko’s calm face and the fact that someone was seemingly poised in mid-air to take such a clear and well-timed photo.