- Taxi app Uber and Spotify have announced a partnership which will enable users to stream their own music from Spotify during taxi rides.
- Users simply need to link their Spotify and Uber accounts, and their playlist will be waiting for them once they get into the taxi, provided the taxi driver has opted into the program.
- This is a big win for music lovers and those wishing to personalise their travel!
- The feature will initially be available in 10 cities – London, Mexico City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Singapore, Stockholm, New York, Sydney, Nashville and Toronto.
- Launch parties will be held by Uber and Spotify on 21 November 2014, featuring Andrew WK, Diplo and Professor Green.
- It is reported that this will allow Spotify to attract the younger crowd currently making use of Uber.
Leave a Reply