- Sydney is finally getting its own SPACE-THEMED ‘Space Cat Cafe’ (amazingly) named Catmosphere, where customers will be able to sip coffee and, well, pet cats.
- Although Catmosphere is said to be opening some time in June this year, the ‘space cat cafe’ is asking for additional crowd-sourced funds through an IndieGoGo campaign (link below, for those interested).
- Although the first cat cafe opened in Taiwan in 1998, they have become especially prominent in Japan and have since spread to Melbourne, Berlin, Madrid and Oakland (California), to name a few.
- It is thought that cat cafes are popular in Japan due to many homes being too small to house pets and, well, because Japan…
- Generally, cat cafes charge patrons an hourly fee, with drinks and snacks (including those for the felines) being additional charges.