- Well, this is a simple case of dookie do’s and don’ts.
- Police in Thousand Oaks, California say they identified a burglar using DNA left in the unflushed toilet of the burgled home!
- It’s reported that detectives retrieved fecal matter from the toilet of a home that was burgled last October.
- Ventura County Sheriff’s Office Detective Tim Lohman told the BBC that most people don’t know that DNA can be obtained from things other than saliva and hair.
- In this case, the fecal matter was analysed at the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office Forensic Services Bureau before being sent to the Combined DNA Information System, where it matched Andrew David Jensen, from Ventura.
- Police then arrested Jensen on suspicion of first-degree residential burglary.
Leave a Reply