- Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak says robots will keep humans as pets because they’ll be smart enough to realise that they need us.
- Although Steve has previously been gloomy about the role humans will play in the robot age, he says he came to the realisation that super smart robots will want to keep nature, and humans are a part of nature.
- Steve joked that in light of his prediction, he’s been feeding his dog filet steak and chicken every night because “do unto others”.
- Tech pioneers such as Bill Gates, Elon Musk and Stephen Hawking have warned of the dangers of artificial intelligence, with Elon Musk calling the technology our “biggest existential threat” and investing $10 million into an AI firm so that he can keep an eye on it.
- Steve made the comments at the Freescale Technology Forum 2015, held at the Moody Theatre in Austin Texas – noting that it will be hundreds of years before this all comes to fruition.
June 28, 2015 at 4:17 pm
One of UTS greatest! Go Steve Wozniak! Planet of the Robot-Apes… slaves we remain