- Contestants in a year-long reality TV social experiment have returned home to find out that the show was pulled from the air in August 2016 due to bad ratings.
- The premise of ‘Eden’ is that 23 strangers were sent to the Highlands in Scotland to build a self-sufficient community without the use of modern technology or equipment.
- Filming on the Channel 4 program started in March 2016 and has now concluded, but the last episode aired only covers up to May.
- It’s reported that 13 of the contestants dropped out during the year due to infighting and hunger (!!!), but this has not been confirmed.
- Since their return, the remaining contestants are reported to have said they “were not informed that their ordeal had not been broadcast since August”.
- Channel 4 says the ‘highs and lows’ of the experiment will be aired later this year.