- A protestor interrupted a City Council meeting to hand the Mayor of Portland a can of Pepsi, but it didn’t go as well as suggested in the now-removed Pepsi ad.
- According to video footage (linked below), the man, who has identified himself as Carlos Enrique, approached Mayor Ted Wheeler and said “What I realized is that the language of resistance has not been properly translated to you, so this is for you,”, before reaching into his jacket and handing over a can of Pepsi.
- Unlike Kendall Jenner’s recent ‘heroics’ Wheeler said “Woah, woah not a good move…” before security descended upon Carlos and removed him.
- Wheeler then asked people not to do such a thing, as it could have ended differently.
- In case you missed it, Pepsi released an ad in which Kendall leaves a photo shoot to end a seemingly hostile situation between protestors and police by handing the cops a can of Pepsi.
- The ad was removed following backlash that Pepsi had appropriated the Black Lives Matter movement for their own gain.
Leave a Reply