- I thought this only happened in movies!
- An attempt by inmates to escape from Spokane County Jail in Eastern Washington was foiled when authorities spotted a 100-foot trail of knotted bed sheets hanging from a cell window!
- Ken Coburn, who was working out a nearby gym, says he was surprised to see a “whole bunch of sheets tied together”, musing that it’s the oldest trick in the book, next to putting the file in the cake!
- It’s reported that one of the inmates is James Henrikson, who (along with his cellmate) was moved to another part of the jail following this incident. Henrikson is the suspect in a murder-for-hire plot.
- Inmates reportedly have regular access to clean bed linen and dirty laundry hampers, which might explain the amount of bed sheets sourced for the attempt.
- According to Spokane County Jail officials, it is not clear if one or both of the inmates were involved in the escape plot.
- The FBI is now investigating.