- An ad has been put out for a ‘part-time’ hermit to occupy a Hermitage in the Salzburg region of Austria.
- Experience is not necessary, but the successful applicant must be ‘at peace with himself’.
- Unfortunately, there is no pay, heating or running water at the 350-year-old building, which is located in steep cliffs. As a result, the successful hermit can only stay between April and November.
- Municipal and Roman Catholic Church officials advise that the candidate should have a Christian outlook and be ready to greet pilgrims.
- The building has been vacant since the departure of a Benedictine monk in Autumn/Fall.
Leave a Reply