- A police community support officer visited a 93-year-old victim of crime, then played some classical music to help calm the retiree.
- Nottinghamshire officers Craig Bull and a colleague visited the man’s home in Mansfield following a burglary, which is when Officer Bull saw a piano, with a piece of Chopin music open on the stand.
- Officer Bull told the retiree it was his grandmother’s favourite, as well, and offered to play.
- In addition to the impromptu music session, the man shared stories of the war, his days as a pilot, and the loss of his wife a few years back.
- Officer Bull later said the man was pleased that they had checked in to see that he was ok, and that the moment “made me feel good about myself and the job I do”.
- Video footage can be seen here.