- A nationwide Secret Santa is a great idea! But what would you do if you drew your nation’s leader?
- New Zealand’s new Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern has confirmed that she is one of the 4,000 people taking part in this year’s NZ Secret Santa!
- Ms Ardern announced her participation in BZ’s Twitter Secret Santa in a tweet, in which she disclosed that she is a “ridiculous lover of Christmas”.
- Whoever draws Ms Ardern might take into account that she is a proud feminist, keen DJ and her cat Paddles recently passed away in a car crash.
- Ms Ardern is NZ’s youngest Prime since 1856.
- For those who don’t know, Secret Santa involves people buying a (usually small) gift for a recipient drawn at random, author the revealing who it is from.
- In this iteration, people were asked to register their Twitter name via NZ Post, then told which Twitter user they are buying for (approx cost $10).
- NZ’s Twitter Secret Santa was started in 2010 by Sam Ealton-Waters.