- I am so lucky I don’t own a blowtorch.
- It’s believed that a man may have set fire to his apartment while trying to kill a ‘huge wolf spider’ in a bedroom with fire.
- According to a carer for one of the men living in the Redding, northern California apartment complex, the flaming spider ran under the mattress, which caused the fire to spread to a flag collection and the drapes.
- Residents tried to put out the blaze with a garden hose, but it ultimately took firefighters 20 minutes to control the fire that caused approx $11,000 in damage.
- It’s reported that all residents in the apartment complex escaped without injury, but there is no word on the fate of the spider.
- Note: I will never unsee the image of a wolf spider I came across while doing this story.