- Malaysian artist Red Hong Yi created a portrait titled ‘Teh Tarik Man’, using 20,000 tea bags stained in 10 shades of brown!
- Hong Yi says she created the different shades of brown by steeping the tea bags in varying temperatures and lengths of time.
- The installation measures 10 x 7 feet, weighs 440 pounds (220kg) and was made for the World Economic Forum in Davos.
- Hong Yi says she wanted to create a piece that reflects an everyday scene in Malaysia that reminds her of home, and the way it brings people together.
- Teh Tarik is a frothy milk tea that means “pulled tea” in Malay, and it’s delicious!
Leave a Reply