- The city of Hamburg has introduced water-repellent paint on buildings to ensure that pee will rebound onto those who urinate in public.
- The move is part of a recent campaign to ward off men relieving themselves in the street after a drunken night out.
- Signs erected in the St Pauli neighborhood read: ‘Hier nicht pinkeln! Wir pinkeln zurueck’ (Do not pee here! We pee back!).
- The paint is similar to that used on ships, and is reported to cause liquid to rebound back to the originating source with almost the same force it hits the wall.
- It is estimated that the paint costs approximately $AUD700 per 6-metre square area!