- A life-like android robot called Aiko Chihira has started her role as a receptionist at the Mitsukoshi Nihombashi department store in Tokyo, Japan!
- It’s reported that Aiko will greet customers as they walk in and direct them to the building’s floors, when requested.
- The department store says it hopes Aiko will be efficient in guiding customers and boosting store campaigns.
- Although Aiko can only presently read out programmed scripts, she will soon receive an upgrade in this regard.
- It’s reported that Aiko uses technology developed by Toshiba (body movements, mouth and voice) and android pioneer Hiroshi Ishiguro at the Osaka University Inelligent Robotics Labratory.
- Fellow (human) receptionist Mio Sakai says she’s honoured to work beside Aiko, even if her smile is a “bit stiff”.
Leave a Reply