- Who is Chuck Finley?
- According to a US library audit, he borrowed 2,361 books over a 9-month period from a Florida library, except he didn’t exist!
- Chuck was reportedly created by 2 Orlando librarians to save rarely-borrowed books from being discarded.
- After the alleged fraud was reported, the East Lake County Library conducted the audit and found that Chuck’s profile had a fake address and driver’s licence number.
- According to the Orlando Sentinel, some books were borrowed and returned within the hour.
- The library has since suspended the employment of its branch supervisor George Dore, who says the threat of termination is an overreaction given what he was trying to do.
January 10, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Why do all the weirdest stories originate from Florida?