- Iran has banned spiky haircuts because they imply “devil-worship” and says it will revoke the licence of hairdressers who give these forbidden haircuts.
- In addition, authorities have also outlawed tattoos, sunbeds and the plucking of facial hair.
- It’s reported that such eye-catching fashion trends have become increasingly popular in Iran, but that conservative Iranians believe them to reflect a sign of Westernisation and a violation of the Islamic System’s regulations.
- It’s reported that any ‘unauthorised’ barbers breaching these rules will be harshly dealt with and have their licence revoked.
- Recently, Iran lifted a ban on women entering sports arenas to watch men play sport, provided the sport wasn’t ‘too masculine’.