- Some retailers are seeing a 200 percent rise in the demand for ice as a result of the Ice Bucket Challenge.
- It’s reported that stores are having to bring in emergency stock just to meet demand for the Lou Gehrig charity craze.
- In the UK, Tesco said 36 million individual ice cubes were sold over the weekend and has pledged that profits from the extra sales will go to the Motor Neurone Disease Association. So far, Tesco has donated over 20,000 pounds.
- Tesco nominated several other UK supermarkets to do the same.
- The Ice Bucket Challenge was started to raise awareness for ALS, or motor neurone disease as it is known in the UK
Leave a Reply